Brach's Conversation Hearts are considered to be the best available! These are the classic version and size of this traditional Valentine's Day candy. Brach's heart-shaped treats are stamped with short sayings that are sure to make you smile.
Our Brach's Conversation Hearts come packed in a 3-pound bulk bag. If you're looking for something a little more unique, try our Large Brachs Conversation Hearts.
CandyFavorites.com offers the internet's largest candy selection and we would love customers to share childhood memories and thoughts about sweets from their past.
- My son's 4th grade math class used Brach's Conversation Hearts for an interesting lesson
- Review by BethVDW , 2/19/13
My son's fourth grade class used your conversation hearts for an interesting math discussion during their Valentines Day party today. His teacher, Kelly Johnson sent the following email to us after school. Can you tell us which if any of their theories are correct? Below is the teacher's notes of what they learned from their experiment:
Excellent discussion in math today re. conversation hearts. Each student got a cup of them and then sorted them by color and found:
Pink - 195
Purple - 98
Green - 154
White - 143
Yellow - 176
We looked at the mean, range, etc. Then we discussed why the discrepancy in colors--in particular between purple and pink.
Here were their ideas:
- Purple ones weigh more so they sunk to the bottom of the bin. Our bags were filled with hearts from the middle of the heap.
- Purple ones are more expensive b/c they require blue and red dye.
- Purple ones are most popular so they give less, enticing people to buy more.
- The company makes other candy and had more pink dye left over from something else.
- The purple color is too dark for the season and so less of them in the bag is more attractive for Valentines day.
We then watched a candy making video to see how dye is placed in taffy (couldn't find a video on conver. hearts.) If parents or kids have any other ideas of why purple was so significantly less than pink, please let us know!
Happy Valentines Day. :)
- More ReviewsLess Reviews