1) Bubble Gum Necklaces: Put a twist on the cherished candy necklace by creating a Gumball necklace! Poke a hole on both sides of the gumball (a fork prong is good for that) and lace your necklace with a ribbon or string of black cord. Fun to make – and just as fun to bite off – piece by piece!
2) Decorate a Snowman: Gumballs are great for the winter to decorate your snowman! When it’s time to bring down your snowman, break the gumball into pieces and make a bowl of snow ice cream (mixed with your tasty gumball pieces, of course)!
3) Teaching Aid: Gumballs are great for teaching colors, counting and even matching! For a fun matching game with preschoolers, gather your favorite gumballs and an egg carton. In one row put a different colored gumball. Have your child pick a gumball from a bowl and place it in the empty row next to the matching color. Congratulate your little learner with a couple gumballs of their own!
4) Super Fun Fizzy Drinks: Fill a glass with a clear carbonated beverage, (7Up or Sprite) and then drop your favorite gumball into each glass. Use clear cups/containers to make your drinks so you can watch the color change to the color of your gumball! The gumball will become white and your Fizzy Drink will transfer to the sweet drink of your favorite color gumball.
5) Gumball Wreath: Gather a big bag of gumballs, along with a hot glue gun, a foam wreath and a long ribbon. Glue each gumball to your wreath and wrap the ribbon around the top to create a hanger – voila! A gumball wreath!
6) Gumball Garland will add a splash of color to your spring decorations or even to your Christmas tree! Sort of like the gumball necklace but with a much longer piece of cord. The fun part of a gumball garland is using different sized gumballs for this creation.
7) Decorating with gumballs can be fun for any occasion – parties, special events, sleep over treats, and even your kitchen décor. Stop by any craft supply store for clear plastic tubes that you can fill up with gumballs for school parties, community events and sleep overs. They are also great for birthday parties and trick-or-treaters on Halloween. Fill up baby food jars and baby bottles for guests at your baby shower. Add an array of color to your kitchen decorations by filling a glass bottle with gumballs.
8) Health Benefits: Did you know that there are some health benefits to gumballs? It’s true! Chewing gumballs increases saliva in your mouth which helps remove plaque and freshen your breath. Chewing gumballs enhances your concentration and memory and increases your metabolism. Studies have shown that when you chew gumballs while you study for a test, and then chew that same flavor gumball during the test it helps you remember everything that you went over during your study session.
9) Cakes and Cupcakes: Decorating cakes and cupcakes with gumballs makes it extra special! Whether you cover your cake with gumballs or top off your frosted cupcake with a colored gumball, these are sure to be a crowd pleaser for any event. It’s always extra sweet when you use gumballs to spell out a word, a letter, or a number (great for birthday parties and anniversaries)!
A Gumball Surprise Cake is a must-have for parties and holidays and easy to make too. Bake a 2-layered cake. Place the first layer down, dig a hole out of the center, but not all the way through. Now do the same to the top layer but cut all the way through. Ice inside and bottom of the holes. Place top layer back on and pour your gumballs inside the hole. Trim the top piece (if necessary to fit) and replace it on top of the cake. Ice the cake as you normally would. There you have it – a Gumball Surprise Cake!
10) Chew it! Keep it with you for road trips and days at the park. With such a wide selection of gumballs at Candy Favorites there is a different color for every day of the week. Have a certain interest in mind, then color coordinate baggies of gumballs – Orange Gumballs for basketball games, White Gumballs for Miniature Golf and even Black Gumballs for Halloween (and you can call these gumballs – vampire eyes!).
Always keeping your best interest at heart, Candy Favorites also carries sugar free gumballs. And add some giggles to your bowl of gumballs by including our Nerds-Filled Gumballs!