Posts Tagged ‘nostalgic’
Thanks to everyone for sharing your memories! Since nostalgic retro candy is one of our favorite topics, this was a particularly fun contest. We hope that you’ll share your candy anecdotes with us any time they cross your mind. But now that the deadline for submissions has passed, it’s time to announce some winners. So without further ado…
The winners of the Earth Day Candy Giveaway are:
Nicole (who misses Peanut Butter Bars)
Katherine (who loves tiny Chiclets)
Winners will be notified by email or personal Facebook message, depending on how they submitted their entries. (Nicole and Katherine, watch for a message from Jessica!)
Some things we learned:
- Seasonal candy is great for building memories.
- Changing the classic formula of a candy is probably worse than just discontinuing it.
- Many people would rather pay more for their favorite candies than see them disappear.
- Brach’s Candy has brought a lot of people a lot of happiness — but also some heartache.
- Many of the candies believed to be extinct are still available! Check out our Retro Candy section
before you give up the search for your favorite vintage candies.
Earth Day is all about saving, and we think it’s important to save your favorite candies from extinction. Over the years, so many delicious, ingenious candies have gone the way of the dinosaurs. We can’t take our favorite candy for granted, or we may never see it again.
In the spirit of conservation, we’re giving away some great nostalgic candy prizes. It’s our way of spreading the love of retro candies and making sure that future generations get to enjoy the same flavors we savor today.
To enter, share your favorite memory of an already extinct candy. Or tell us about the candy you believe should be saved for posterity. Just leave your story in the comments on this post to enter. We’ll announce the winners early next week!
Don’t forget to do your part for the planet. Buy online to save gas. And always dispose of your wrappers responsibly.